As we begin 2021, businesses are starting to plan events for the year. While it’s unclear how much longer we’ll have to limit our interactions with others, many are hopeful for the opportunity to reconnect with friends and co-workers in a safe way.
Maintaining and nurturing positive work relationships is critical. Without regular interaction, employee communication and satisfaction can suffer. This can impact work performance and productivity – making employee satisfaction diminish. Planning a corporate event shows that you are invested in your employees. It also helps encourage collaboration and boosts employee morale.
Finding the Perfect Space
Planners must choose an event venue that allows for adequate social distancing, ideally with some outdoor space for maximum ventilation. The Garden offers 2,600 square feet of space for events of all sizes. The rustic, industrial-chic event hall provides an ideal space for meetings, presentations, company parties and more. With no minimum booking time, The Garden is a great choice for accommodating last-minute gatherings. This might prove especially beneficial now, as companies navigate the changes caused by COVID-19.
To ensure the safety of all guests and staff, The Garden has implemented several safety measures including limited capacity, increased cleaning, and sanitization using innovative technology and they will continue to adjust the number of occupants allowed in the facility in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s COVID-19 guidelines.
Childcare is always a factor when planning events outside of regular work hours and The Garden offers a solution. With partnerships that include neighboring businesses, Scramble and Sportrock, event planners can provide a safe and fun activity for children to attend while their parents are at The Garden. Both of these businesses offer kids camps to keep children busy and having fun safely while their parents enjoy their time connecting with colleagues.
Optional Alternatives for Kids
- Sportrock provides climbing walls for children. In addition to being one of the founding rock climbing gyms in the country, Sportrock has the most highly certified routesetting team in the industry. Children that attend Sportrock camp learn problem-solving skills, build strength, stamina, and flexibility, and build concentration, coordination and patience.
- Scramble offers fun and educational camps for children ages pre-k to 5th grade. Attendees learn through play as they interact with their peers. Kids that attend Scramble camp build social skills, increase their coordination, balance, and motor skills, and learn to deal with tough emotions like fear, frustration, and anger. By encouraging imaginative play, Scramble helps kids form unique ideas and solutions to a wide range of problems.
Corporate Event Venue
In addition to plenty of space and camp opportunities for children, The Garden is conveniently located in the DC Metro area just a two-minute walk from Van Dorn Metro Station on the Blue Line. The Garden allows event attendees to bring outside food and drink, so catering can be arranged as desired.
Many companies have moved office locations or even gone completely virtual, so it’s even more important to bring your employees and partners together regularly. Companies considering corporate events for 2021 should begin planning now. It’s likely that event venues will book fast once the pandemic is behind us.
Please contact The Garden for more information about our partnerships with Scramble and Sportrock or to book your next event.
- What is Turbomachinery? - April 19, 2023
- What Is Chat GPT - April 19, 2023
- The Rise of Underwater Robots - February 28, 2023